Quote brought to you by episode 11 of season 2 of Supernatural: “Playthings.”
Onto my Friday night
Friday night, two friends came to my place and slept over. We stayed up until 6 am, watched Rocky Horror and Dogma (both fantastic movies I highly recommend) and I dyed my hair a color the hair dye calls “chocolat noir” = black chocolate. When the dye was in my hair it looked very light, so my friends teased me, saying I’d go blonde. (I didn’t.)
Oh, and did I mention: I’m on holiday! (In case the title above wasn’t enough.) No school ’till the 22nd, baby! 😀 Can ya tell it gives me a happy? (That’s Buffy slanguage btw.) Now, because of it being the holidays, my room has turned into a shithole. Let’s see: clothing dumped on chair #1 (because I have 3 chairs in my room), chair #2 is actually absent at the moment and chair #3 only has my dressing gown; for desk #1 (mine), I can’t even see its surface, and desk #2 (my dad’s)… kinda the same.
Wondering why my dad’s desk lives in MY room? Yeah, so am I. See, there’s no 5th bedroom that could double as his study, and there’s no place downstairs for his desk… Result=my room is cramped. I have 3 chairs (2 of which are mine), 2 desks, a little step stool, my bookcase, my chest of drawers/dresser, built-in cupboard, 2 bins, my bed, my “bedside table” (it’s actually a small wicker thing that might have been a drawer once upon a time) and then…
Then you have the furniture on TOP or underneath all this crap.
On my desk alone I have two add-ons. Seriously. One thing on my desk, and then something else on THAT. On top of my bookcase, there’s one add-on for my books. On top of my dad’s desk… 3 add-ons. Under it: 2 add-ons.
Laughing your ass off yet? Cuz under my desk, I have a box of crap. Under my dad’s desk? Yeah, you guessed: a box of two or crap. And let’s not even look inside the cupboard. Oh, and I have a fan living behind my door. All the time.
Yeah, my room’s a dump.
BB guns and why they shouldn’t be sold to little @#$%
See, yesterday my sister had a friend over, and the weather was good. So my little sis and her friend go outside to play on the trampoline. My little brother goes out too. At some point, T, who lives nearby, and his friend L (two boys from my sister’s school) show up. With a BB gun.
I don’t know all the details, but I do the know the result: my brother got hit in the THROAT once and hand twice and my sister got hit in the leg.
I was sitting on the couch, with a coffee table in front of me, when I heard what happened. Furious, I stood up and banged my leg against the table. I wanted to punch those little jerks. (It took a lot of self-control to use the word “jerks”.) My dad went to T’s house, told his mother what had happened and came back.
Because nobody’s seriously harmed, my dad didn’t do anything more, but I hope that those two kids are grounded for the next two weeks.
- Saturday Night Fever: 7/10 John Travolta, dancing, 70’s songs… You know what, I don’t think I need to say more.
- Sin City: 10/10 Marv says you have to see this movie, otherwise, he’ll ask you for your coat (if he likes it) and torture you. And when your eyes go dead the hell he sends you to will seem like heaven after what he’s done to you.
- The Other Boleyn Girl: 6/10 Made me cry, but nothing extraordinary.
- Pan’s Labyrinth: 7/10 Wow. All I can say is, go watch it if you like horror movies, fantasy and WWII. (BTW: I watched it in Spanish with French subtitles.)
- Death Proof: 9/10 Maybe I should give it an 8, because compared to Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill 1&2, it’s not that great. But still, it’s a Tarantino movie… Side note: You know that rule that in novels and movies, all the dialogue has to go somewhere, lead to something. Pointless dialogue has to be murdered (“murder your darlings”), you know? Well I love how Tarantino just ignores that rule and it works. Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction and Death Proof all started with more or less pointless dialogue. But it was awesome dialogue that I was willing to listen to. (Btw, anyone else absolutely love Michael Madsen as Mr Blonde? I know he’s a psychopath but damn is he sexy.)
- Sweeney Todd: 8/10 Tim Burton + Songs + Gore/Blood + Johnny Depp + Helena Bonham Carter + Alan Rickman = Go watch it. I don’t know why though, but I’m feeling pretty “meh” about it right now, but I think I liked it. Maybe it’s because I’m overdosing on movies. But if you’re a Burton fan and haven’t seen it, for some reason, go and rent it right now.
- Happy Feet: 7/10 This is a feel good family movie that I recommend. You won’t regret watching it. Trust me.
The Over The Top Award
Kelly from “Rants, Observations, and other Remarks” gave me this award:
Rules: Answer the following questions with Single Word answers then pass this along to 5 other bloggers. Make sure you let them know about it though.
Your Cell Phone? Awesome
Your Hair? Dyed
Your Mother? Caring
Your Father? Amazing
Your Favorite Food? Sugar!
Your Dream Last Night? Blank
Your Favourite Drink? Hot chocolate
Your Dream/Goal? Happy
What Room Are You In? Bedroom
Your Hobby? Reading
Your Fear? Choking
Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years? University
Where Were You Last Night? Home
Something That You Aren’t? Outgoing
Wish List Item? Books
Where Did You Grow Up? Netherlands
Last Thing You Did? TV
What Are You Wearing? Hoodie
Your TV? None
Your Pets? Dog-like
Your Life? Eh…
Your Mood? Happy
Missing Someone? Yes
Something You Aren’t Wearing? Socks
Your Favourite Store? Bookstore
Your Favourite Colour? Green
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Today
Last Time You Cried? Friday
Your Best Friend? Netherlands
One Place You Go To Over And Over Again? Imagination
Favourite Place To Eat? Bed
Wow… It took a lot of self-control not to use more than one word.
(Okay, I know I often used two words with a hyphen between, but it could have been a lot worse. There’s so much I want to explain. Like my pet… Please? Let me explain why I said dog-like. See, Rex is the family dwarf hamster, but he acts so much like a dog: lies on his back to have his belly rubbed, very loyal… That’s kind of it for the dog part, but here’s where he’s not like a hamster, or at least not like the one we had before: we once left him home for 12 days (we had no other choice) and when we came back, he was still tame. He didn’t try to bite us.)
Okay, I think that’s it. That’s everything I wanted to blog about. Oh! Wait.
I plan to edit my novel (Kenna’s Choice) for spelling mistakes and the like during this holiday. Small stuff. Then in April I’ll tackle the big stuff and in July I’ll get my CreateSpace proof copy. I was gonna start editing on Monday, then I was gonna do it today, but I need to print 200 pages, and our printer can’t handle that. So it’s gonna have to wait. Or I could just print the first three chapters… Uh oh. I’m considering putting it off until tomorrow.
No. I’m gonna post this, get off my ass and print 3 chapters and then edit them using my fantastic editing websites:
Sorry for not making them clickable links but I’m too lazy.
Supernatural: *scream of despair* The first two episodes of season 5 are gonna be on Living, a channel I DON’T have. *screams again* 😦 Kill me. Kill me now.
*bows* Until I blog again.
EDIT: *sheepish look* I forgot to explain why I didn’t pass the blog award to 5 people. That’s because I can’t think of a blog who didn’t get the award already… Also I’m too damn lazy to make an effort. Sorry.
Read Full Post »