Despite being in my before last year of lycée, which means lots of homework and exams, I’m doing NaNoWriMo.
What is NaNoWriMo?
First, it stands for “National Novel Writing Month”, but really it’s international. (InNoWriMo just doesn’t have the same effect.)
Second, the goal is to write 50-000 words of a (preferrably new) novel in November. Here’s the site: http://www.nanowrimo.org
Third—*SCREAMS* It starts in less than 5 hours!!!!!
I’m insane. Why? Why am I insane this year but wasn’t insane last year? Because last year, technically, I cheated. I used NaNo as a way to finish writing a novel. BUT I did write 6700 words on the last day. I did NOT, however, write 50 000 words in 30 days. This year, I WILL be doing that. I’ll be finishing The Way Wars Are Won and writing the start of another untitled novel about witches and hell dimensions.
List of things I have for NaNoWriMo
- The almighty Internet and even almightier iMac
- A special NaNoWriMo 1 GB USB key to back up everything I write
- A special NaNoWriMo word count spreadsheet (linky — download and modify spreadsheet as needed (I checked—you don’t need to sign/have an account to download it))
- A special NaNoWriMo folder
- Some outlining for untitled novel and research about Swedish deities
- A support group composed of www.twitter.com/aekubo, www.twitter.com/nlmars and www.twitter.com/need_tea. We shall e-mail each other, talk on Chatzy, share our writing through Google Docs and keep each other sane. More or less.
Add me as a buddy if you want: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/603186