Quote brought to you by Supernatural, episode 6 of season 4.
Movies I’ve seen recently:
- The Job Just once, I’d like to see a female assassin who kills without mercy and doesn’t change over the course of the movie. You notice those tough, female, merciless assassins always soften up? Oh, and if you’re pregnant and shot in the stomach, wouldn’t you die/lose the baby?
- UP Wow. I’d heard so much about it, but it’s only yesterday that I finally saw it. And I’ve never seen such a dark Disney movie… Made me tear up once or twice, and I loved when *KIND OF SPOILER* Carl lifted his house with those balloons. That was just pure awesome right there. I definitely recommend it.
- Dead Poets Society If you haven’t seen it yet, may I ask you: Why the hell not? Go watch it right this instance if you like poetry, enjoyed the movie “Freedom Writers”, and like seeing kids rise up. Highly recommended.
- Yours, Mine & Ours A great family comedy, kind of like “Cheaper by the Dozen”. In this movie, however, it’s 18 kids, not 12. I’d seen it before, but that was so long ago, so we rented it to see it again. I’d forgotten so much of it. Anyway, even if you have seen, go watch it again. I’m sure you’ve forgotten what a fun and funny movie it is. 🙂
- [Side note: I’m not creating a new blog post because a)I’m too lazy and b)I have seen these movies recently.]
- The Interpreter Once again, because I’m lazy I’ll only say that I loved this movie and highly recommend it.
- Vacancy It was okay.
- The Royal Tennenbaums I LOVED it. Go watch it now!
So, for the past year or so, I’ve been getting hives when I shower. According to Wikipedia, this is “aquagenic urticaria”. But maybe that’s not what it is for me, ’cause Wikipedia says it’s very rare and what I get is kind of common. Anyway, it’s not that annoying, it just mean that for up to an hour, I have red blotches on my chest with welts in the center. It doesn’t hurt or itch.
The other day, however, I got home, changed into my pajamas and noticed that I had those red blotches, without the welts though, on my stomach. I told my mom and she said to wait for it to go away. Some time later, I find some on my legs. This time, with welts. So I take an antihistamine (little story: I have never in my entire life managed to swallow a pill. That antihistamine pill is the first one I’ve swallowed in my life. And I’m almost 16. Sad, I know, but I’m terrified of choking on pills.) and my mom looks up what could be causing it. Later on, I see some on my arms and my back.
Turns out, the weather and stress can cause hives and it’s nothing major to worry about. Next morning, it’s all gone.
Oh, and my mom told me that when I was a kid, whenever I got upset, I’d get hives.
A Weird Dream
Now I’ve had some strange dreams in my life, but last night’s dream is the winner.
I dreamt that I was in heaven, except it was underground, where hell is supposed to be. And heaven was inside God’s head. But the strangest part of that dream is that people were cutting through God’s brain and they found insects.
Have you had a stranger dream?
Okay, I’m ashamed… I haven’t worked on “Playing with Darts” in a little over two weeks now. Most of that time was taken up with Supernatural, but that’s been finished since the 27th. It’s now the 31st and I still haven’t worked on my novel. I keep telling myself that I’m only 15 and that I’m not trying to get published yet and I shouldn’t feel so bad about putting it off. But the longer I avoid it, the worse it’s gonna get, and then I’ll probably never finish it.
So I should just start writing, right? Even if it’s crap, I need to write something.
Problem is… Now I have a new excuse: I’m sick. And I really am. I woke up yesterday and I felt like crap. I ended up spending 2 hours in bed and the rest of the day on the couch. I haven’t done anything I enjoy doing because I’m too sick to enjoy it.
Okay. I’m just gonna post this and finish writing chapter 7!
Right after I make myself a hot chocolate.
(Oh, proscrastination, how I hate you so…)